Thursday, April 22, 2010

POKE Me....

Last Tuesday night, I had the pleasure of attending the First Annual Poke Festival at Bali Hai with my friend and photographer extroirdinaire, Stephanie. For those who dont know, Poke is a traditionally Japanese or Hawaiian dish. It is made mainly of raw Ahi tuna, spices, green onions and seaweed. Every where you go, they do it a little different. So this festival was to celebrate Poke, but also a compitition for who had the best. I ate so much fish, I thought i might sprout gills. It was amazing and delicious and everything you would hope a Hawaiian festival to be.

They didnt just have raw fish. They had lots of other traditional Hawaiin foods such as Spam Bruschetta. Yes you heard tht right. Spam. It was one of the most amazing things I have tasted. They had pulled pork, slow roasted pork, musubi (rice patties, with seasonings and sometimes toppings such as spam, egg, or chicken. They had guava cake, dessert Poke made with mango, papaya and coconut. They had Primo beer, which was a first for me and really good. They had rices, sliders, fish tacos. I really didnt need to ever eat again.

Here is a photo montage of all the goodness.

WARNING to my vegetarian/animal rights friends: There are photos of a roasted pig. It is not my intention to offend, or disgist any of you. I am sorry if you find it offensive, but it is in true Hawaiian fashion and thus documented.















Make you hungry?? If you have never experienced Poke and want to, some of my favorites came from

Zenbu Sushi

Banbu Sushi Bar and Grill

Seau's Raw Mana


So in the hair world, I dont want you to forget that we are more than half way through April and the free conditioning treatment with all highlight services is still going on. Get that hair healthy in time for summer!!

And if April is your birthday month, you will receive 20% off your service! Just for being born. Woohoo!!

And the best of all......send me three of your friends/co-workers, neighbors, people on the street....and receive a FREE haircut. Thats super easy!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

xo,
case

No comments:

Post a Comment