Monday, April 5, 2010

The zombie is shaking things up...

In 1989 there was this little thing called the Loma Prieta earthquake. You may have heard of it. It struck the San Francisco Bay area at 5:04pm and measured 7.1 on the richter scale. And I was in it. I was 11. It is something that I will never forget. If you were also in this earthquake, then you know what I am talking about. Its kinda like 911 in that way, where you knew exactly where you were when it happened. ( I am not comparing the devastation of 911 to the Loma Prieta earthquake, just the similarity of the way memories work).

Strangely that earthquake didnt scar me. In fact I am not sure if phased me at all. Due to the recent earthquakes in San Diego, there have been a lot of talk about them lately. I watched people freak out, run under doorways, get under desks, ya know, do all the things you are supposed to do in an eathquake. ( I am not saying that you shouldnt do those things, and I totally understand why people are afraid of them). But I never even got off the couch. I just think thats funny, and may say a thing or two about me.


EASTER EGGS HAVE MONEY IN THEM?? SWEET!!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I had a nice time with my families. Yes, families. I have three. But my absolute favorite moment of the day went something like this:

Nephew: I love Easter, so much candy.
Me: Well, that is not really what Easter is about.
Nephew: Uh-huh.
Me: No, it is about Jesus, and his resurrection.
Nephew: Explain...
Me: Well, after Jesus died, he was reborn again today.
Nephew: So what you are saying is....Jesus is a zombie?

Ha. Yes. Exactly. This will be my new reason for celebrating Easter. All kidding aside, I hope everyone had a nice day, regardless of your religious beliefs.

Don't forget about the on-going promotions at the salon. If April is your birth month, come on in for 20% off your service.
And...dont forget if you send me 3 friends (neighbors, co-workers, random people off the street) you will recieve a free haircut! Woohoo!

See you soon!

xo
Case

No comments:

Post a Comment